February 19, 2013

Blankets for my kiddos

It's been a while since I've made a post. Been kinda quiet around the Laney household (rare!). But it gave me some time to make some blankets for the girls. I bought some incredibly soft & comfy material a few weeks ago and was excited to finally start making the blankets.
My cousin gave me her old sewing machine (thank you Shana!) which is amazing! I am still learning/self-teaching so I have a long way to go. But making little things like blankets give me some practice :)
I have one little girl who loves purple & all things princess so she got the purple & princess material. My other little girl loves Dora so she got the pink & Dora material. I even had material left over so I made their little dolls "mini blankets".......silly, yes but the girls loved it!
So the finished product?? Well......they are useable blankets made out of cute material but it just proved I need more practice and improvement. There are mistakes that are visible to me but my sweet girls don't mind....or even notice!

















2 comments:

Leslie

These are so cute. Meant to comment the other day. You are so talented!

Anonymous

love these! too cute!

Post a Comment